Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Girls Night Gone Wrong...


Wow, life in L.A. has been crazy busy! I was lucky enough to get a job quickly, and I am now working as a personal assistant. I love my job, and the woman I work for is great! Working as a personal assistant has given me the opportunity to become familiar with many different areas of Los Angeles, and I am very thankful for that!

Amanda and I haven’t really had much luck making girl friends since we moved here, but one of Brett’s friend’s girlfriend (is that right??) named Kjerstin (yes it is spelled correctly) has kind of become one of our friends. Anyway, last Friday night, we decided to have a girls night where we would meet up and go to dinner and a movie. Kjerstin, Mallory, Caitlyn, Amanda and I all met at the Landmark(I think) and had a great dinner at this little bar called Bourbon Street…fyi, their chicken sandwiches are great! We ended up making friends at this bar and dinner took longer than we had planned, so we decided to see our movie at Century City (another mall).

We all split up into our separate cars and headed over to Century City. Now for those of you who don’t know, parking in California is crazy! Luckily, the mall has a huge parking garage…only Amanda and I parked in the farthest parking spot from the movie theater…without knowing it. By the time Amanda and I figured out how far we were from the theater, our movie had already started. We started hurrying through the mall trying to figure out which way the movie was and finally found it! We were so close! We only had to go up one set of escalators to get there.

Amanda and I hopped up on the escalator and decided to walk up the stairs to get there faster. Things were going well…We were going to make our movie…until I caught my toe on a stair and fell down. The sound of fabric ripping caught my attention as my knee started to throb. At the top of the escalator, I pulled up the leg of my pants to find a small hole in my knee.

After running around looking for bandages, talking with the security guards (who were no help) and realizing that Kjerstin had an intense earthquake kit in her car that was better than the first-aid kit the mall had (seriously...it was ridiculous), we finally decided to take me to the ER to get my knee checked out. I was hoping that I the doctor would take one look at my knee and tell me that I was simply being dramatic (as I often am) and then send me home. Sadly, I was mistaken…Two child-like doctors, a funny nurse, millions of phone calls to my parents, sister and Brett...and eight stitches later…I was able to leave the ER and head home for the night.

Our fun little girls night had started out so great, but unfortunately the fun didn't last all night. I guess next time I need to make sure I’m on time for the movie…or learn to walk…whatev :)

2 comments:

  1. OUCH! Glad things are getting better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the picture of the knee? That would be fun :) Good luck with the healing. I think you should come visit us.

    ReplyDelete