This blog posting is going to be a bit different from others that I have posted. I usually enjoy making simple situations extremely dramatic, but this week, I have a more serious mentality…
I have reached that point in my life where summer is coming to a close, and I must make a decision about where I am going from here. I have officially decided against law school, so I won’t be returning to school this fall. As a backup plan, I applied to be a nanny through TSN months ago. I went the whole summer with hardly any communication from TSN, so I had figured that they just weren’t interested in me anymore.
About a week ago, a family from Connecticut contacted me. Throughout the process of interviewing with this family, I came to realize that they are wonderful people. Their children are extremely polite, active and smart. The parents are caring individuals who strive to be involved in their children’s lives. My roommate had already interviewed with two different families and didn’t end up being chosen for their nanny positions, so I didn’t think much of my interview. I didn’t want to get my hopes up about something that wasn’t a sure thing. But, it turns out that they like me and want me to work for them. This all sounds great, right?
Well, it is great. I finally have a plan…something to do for the next year. The only problem is that recent events have helped me realize that I don’t want to be moving to the east coast. Moving away would be considered a setback in certain areas…but how do I just tell this family that I changed my mind? How do I tell them that they spent countless amounts of time looking for their next nanny, found her…and now I don’t want to work for them? How do I do it?
No comments:
Post a Comment