Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A rose by any other name...

So, ya know how when you had just graduated high school and you were choosing which college you will go to? It seems that all the universities emphasize the idea that you are more than a just a number at their school. You are an individual with important ideas and opinions. This is one of the main selling points at a university. Apparently, it is not one in my family.

Earlier tonight, I was on the phone with my father and I requested that he pass the phone along to my mother so I could chat with her. When she asked who it was, he simply replied “it’s number 4.” I was shocked…SHOCKED! Appalled even! My whole life, my dad had referred to me as Briana, Bryson or whoever else he felt like calling me, but now I am simply a number?!?! What on earth did I do to be reduced to the lowly status of a number? I am not even good enough for the wrong name? I am just a number…and not any number…I am number 4.

1 comment: